If I was to eat a chocolate bar, I prefer to eat white chocolate. I LOVE white Twix, Kit Kats, Lion bars, Maltesers and well basically anything white… So I decided to make a white chocolate cake!
- For the cake:
- 125ml of hot water
- 480g self-raising flour
- 200g sugar
- 340g white chocolate
- 225g butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 240g of buttermilk
For the filling and topping:
- 340g of white chocolate
- 225g butter
- 125g sifted icing sugar
- few drops vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate over hot water on the stove or in the microwave. Then set it aside.
- Now separate the eggs. set aside the yolks for later. Pour the egg whites into a mixing bowl. Beat the egg whites until frothy and they hold a stiff peak. Now place this in the refrigerator till later.
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 3.
- Next, cream together the sugar and butter until it is fluffy and light.
- Now add in the vanilla and egg yolks.
- Add in the white chocolate and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the salt, flour and baking soda.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar. Now gradually pour in the buttermilk ensuring to scrape the sides and mix it all together.
- Now add the egg whites and mix well.
- You can now pour your mixture into your greased cake tins.
- Cook the cakes for 25-30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and allow to cool fully.
- When the chocolate is cooled down, beat the butter until smooth.
- Now slowly mix in the white chocolate.
- Once fully mixed together, add the sugar icing.
- Mix together for 2 to 3 minutes.