Now, this is a tricky one. Which is the best way to travel, solo or with friends?
I am lucky enough to have friends to travel with, however, some people wanting to travel may have friends that aren’t interested in travelling or can’t afford to do so! So I have come up with some pro’s and con’s as to why travelling with friends or solo can be great!
- You get to make up your own itinerary – you can stay where you like and do what you like.
- Your options aren’t limited – you don’t have to go home because your friend has run out of money.
- You will probably make more friends along the way – being alone will encourage you to talk and meet with more people.
- Your whole experience will be different – you will see the world through your eyes only.
- You will grow as a person – being alone will make your confidence grow enormous amounts.
- You won’t be alone for long – you’ll meet someone in the same position as you and carry on your trip together.
Travelling with friends
- You have the comfort and protection of your friends when feeling out of your comfort zone.
- You have people to share the memories with for the rest of your life.
- You are encouraged to do things you wouldn’t usually do.
- It can cut down costs when splitting the price of rooms and travel.
- You can plan together, it could generate new ideas!
- Your friends and family at home will be more relaxed knowing you are with people you love.
I set off travelling in two weeks and have chosen to go with two of my best friends. I am really excited as one of my friends to share this experience with them both. You may recognise beth who I am going travelling with, as I have done all my past trips with her! The new recruit is Daniella, she has never done anything like this before, we can’t wait to show her the world.
Which option would you choose or have you chosen and why?