Growing up I was always listening to Country music as it is very popular on my dad’s side of the family. Still, at the age of 23, I listen to Country music more than ever. I found myself the other night sat with a group of old men around the age of 70 outside a pub singing Country songs. They were highly impressed with my knowledge of Country music. I thought I would write a blog post of my favourite country songs as I think younger people should give Country a try! There is so much meaning and emotion in the songs which make them so relatable. Here are my top 10 favourite Country songs:
- You’re My Best Friend – Don Williams
- The Gambler – Kenny Rogers
- Shutters And Boards – Charley Pride
- El Paso – Marty Robbins
- Little Ole WineDrinker Me – Dean Martin
- The Happiness Of Having You – Charley Pride
- Blanket On The Ground – Billie JoSpears
- I Believe In You – Don Williams
- Kaw Liga – Hank Williams
- Folsom Prison Blues – Johnny Cash
Click the name of the songs to take a listen.
When I was 6 I attended my first concert. The concert was Don Williams at the Ipswich Regent. I was the youngest person there and I knew all the words to his songs. I just bloody love Country. There is nothing I enjoy more than sitting around with my family, having a few drinks and singing some good ole’ Country songs!