After falling off track, I have decided to try some new recipes! I usually make up my own recipes, but I need to try some different dishes, so this week in class I bought the Slimming World magazine. One recipe that stood out to me was the Mushroom Fried Rice as I am obsessed with Mushrooms at the moment. I can honestly say, this is bloody beautiful! Such a simple dish that can be prepared quickly for lunch or dinner.
- 75g long-grain or basmati rice
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 handful of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp of ginger
- 1/4 tsp Chinese 5-spice
- 50g mangetout
- 50g frozen peas
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- Cook the rice & leave to steam dry.
- Using a non-stick pan, use the fry-light to cook the egg, whilst scrambling it. Once it is cooked, place it on a plate. Then, fry the mushrooms using the fry-light for 4 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms have browned, add the garlic, ginger, 5-spice mangetout and peas. Cook this mixture for a further 2 minutes.
- Next, add the rice and the soy sauce. Fry these ingredients together for 1 minute.
- Now, add the cooked egg, carrot and spring onions to the pan. Fry for a further 2 minutes.
- You are now ready to serve your Mushroom Fried Rice!
It’s my first time buying the Slimming World magazine, but it definitely won’t be the last as there is so many yummy recipes in there that have made me motivated to stay on plan.
Recipe Credit: Slimming World Magazine