It’s only the past month I have started eating soup, so I thought I would make my own! I am doing slimming world at the moment to keep healthy, so here is the recipe I used:
- 900g ripe tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1-litre beef stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Roasted cherry tomatoes and fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Arrange the tomatoes on a baking tray, spray them lightly with low-calorie cooking spray and sprinkle with the oregano. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6 for 10-15 minutes, until the tomatoes, start to soften and the skins begin to char.
- Meanwhile place the onion and garlic in a large, heavy-based saucepan with 300ml of the stock. Cover the pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Peel and chop the roasted tomatoes and add to the cooked onion mixture in the pan along with the remaining stock. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Purée the soup in a blender or food processor. Return the soup back to the pan, season well and add the basil. Reheat the soup if necessary and serve garnished with some roasted cherry tomatoes and basil leaves.
I took my inspiration from the slimming world website, however, I used beef stock instead of vegetable which gave it a richer taste.
If you would like to follow more of my meals I prepare for slimming world, follow my food Instagram —> here.