I’m LOVING chocolate at the moment. I think it’s that winter cosy feeling it gives you. I’m also obsessed with oreo milkshakes, so I thought about combining the two and making an Oreo cake!
Here is the recipe I used from BBC goodfood
- For the cake:
- 250g self-raising flour
- 250g light brown soft sugar
- 50g cocoa
- 250g dark chocolate
- 250g butter
- 4 eggs
- For the filling and topping:
- 154g pack of Oreo cookies
- 250g butter
- 3-400g sifted icing sugar
- few drops vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat your oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Grease and line 2x20cm sandwich tins.
- Mix the flour, sugar and cocoa together. Melt the chocolate and butter and 200 ml water together over a low heat, then beat this along with the eggs into the dry ingredients.
- Pour into the two sandwich tins, and bake for approximately 40 mins, until well risen, and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Transfer to wire racks and allow to cool.
- While the cake is cooling, make the buttercream. Beat the butter until creamy, then add 300g of the icing sugar and vanilla. Mix well. An electric mixer is really useful here! You may find the mixture a bit dry – if so, add a tablespoon of milk at a time. If the mixture is too wet, add a little more icing sugar.
- Blitz all but one of the cookies in a food processor. Mix half of the cookie crumbs into the buttercream, and reserve the other half.
- Spread the butter icing between the two cakes, and over the top of them when sandwiched together. Sprinkle the remaining cookie crumbs over the top. You could add mini Oreos to decorate if you like! Eat the reserved cookie with a glass of milk, to reward yourself for all your hard work!
It tastes amazing! I hope you enjoy it as much as me and the family did.
Love Sarah. X